Friday, September 5, 2008

Electric Picnic 2008

Yes I am a tad late with my say on this....but I only after recovering from it now so whatever:

Highlights:

Sigor Ros on the main stage Friday night….what a performance, probably the best of the weekend

Kila surprising me with a set filled with theatrics and Celtic punk

Nick Cave and Grinderman tore the stage apart, Cave just owned the stage

The increased number of Art installations around the campsite led to such a vibrant landscape in which I could walk around the whole weekend

Putting the Bodytonic dance Village in one of the campsites was a genius stroke as it left the main area feeling less cluttered and more kid-free, which leads to my next point….

The apparent increase in number of families with small kids-it really was great to see all generations enjoying the festivities. If I had kids I would bring them with me without doubt

Hearing Mark Lanegans voice for the first time live when he played with the Gutter Twins….its so deep and coarse yet endearing at the same time

Going with my gut feeling and discovering two great acts: Pivot and Ullrich Schnauss- filled my tum tum with glee

Getting my bop on for the Foals


Lowlights:

The Body and Soul area being too big and cluttered-it really took away from the spirit of the area in the past years

The Sex Pistols-worst crowd I have seen for a headline at a main stage

Missing the following: Dan Deacon, Modeselektor, Benga and Rachel Allen getting her cook on

Waking up Sunday morning without my phone, wallet, jumper, sunglasses and my socks

No Portishead headlining-they should have been there

Missing Dark Side of the Oz in the cinema tent even though ive seen it before

Going home and getting a slap of Autumn in the face ever since

No comments: